RepeatCommerce (“RepeatCommerce”) takes your privacy seriously.
Under the data protection laws (Data Protection Act 1998, General Data Protection Regulation 2018) we act both as a data controller and a data processor, depending on the circumstances. We will explain our obligations as data controller and data processor separately.
RepeatCommerce as Data Processor
RepeatCommerce acts as the data processor when providing services to our clients. As the data processor and in accordance with Article 30(2) of the General Data Protection Regulation, we have the following obligations:
To maintain a record of all categories of processing activities carried out on behalf of a controller, containing:
- The name and contact details of the processor or processors and of each controller on behalf of which the processor is acting, and, where applicable, of the controller’s or the processor’s representative, and the data protection officer;
- The categories of processing carried out on behalf of each controller;
- Where applicable, transfers of personal data to a third country or an international organisation, including the identification of that third country or international organisation and, in the case of transfers referred to in the second subparagraph of Article 49(1), the documentation of suitable safeguards;
- Where possible, a general description of the technical and organisational security measures referred to in Article 32(1)
RepeatCommerce as Data Controller
RepeatCommerce acts as the data controller in many situations, for example when it comes to storing information about our clients, potential clients, job applicants and RepeatCommerce’s employees.
As data controller, we are responsible for deciding what information is collected on our Website, how it is used and for what purposes. As a data controller, we have certain legal responsibilities about how we collect, use and share your personal information.
Please read the following carefully to understand RepeatCommerce’s views and practices regarding your personal data and how RepeatCommerce will treat it.
- The information we collect
- Why we collect your information and how we use it
- Who we share your information with
- Access to your information and correction
- Other websites
- How to contact us
The Information We Collect
We collect information about you when you complete an enquiry form or voluntarily sign up to our marketing communications. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
RepeatCommerce may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you provide
We may collect your name, email address, postal address, telephone number and other information that you provide to RepeatCommerce when you submit an enquiry form or sign up to receive marketing communications from us. The information we collect and the purpose of the collection is clearly set out on the web page on which we collect it, including an opt-in option where applicable.
In addition, we use IP addresses, URLs of requested resources, timestamps and HTTP user-agents to analyse trends, administer the system and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- Information about you from Third Parties
We may also receive personal information about you from third parties that we work with, for example our Live Chat provider, who may pass your personal data to us on your behalf. This too would involve us collecting and using your name, email address, postal address and telephone number.
- Information about your use of our Website
We may collect information about your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required and the resources that you access.
Why We Collect Your Information and How We Use It
We collect information about you to process your enquiry and if you agree, to contact you about other products and services that we think might be of interest to you. We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties overseas to enable us to perform services requested by you.
All third-parties we collect and share your data with to execute our business processes, comply with the GDPR and the US-EU agreement Privacy Shield, where applicable.
Please see below for the individual compliance policies for the third parties we work with and the purposes we use them for:
- LiveChat Inc – we use LiveChat Inc for Live Chat support on the RepeatCommerce website
- MailChimp – we use MailChimp for marketing email communication
- JIRA (part of Atlassian) – we use JIRA to manage client enquiries and communication
- Podio – we use the item values from Podio for customer relationship management
- Facebook – social media communication
- Instagram – social media communication
- Twitter – social media communication
- YouTube – social media communication
- LinkedIn – social media communication
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
The various communication tools we use for marketing purposes are listed above. Should you wish to amend your marketing preferences, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We use your information collected from the Website to personalise your repeat visits to our Website.
RepeatCommerce will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours and other companies in our group which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you wish to opt out of any of our marketing communications, please contact email@example.com
Access to Your Information and Correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all your personal information, please email or write to us at the following address:
Great North Way
York Business Park
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Right to Be Forgotten
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, we as the data controller are obligated to erase your personal data as the data subject if one of the following criteria has been met:
- The data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was processed
- If the legal ground for processing your data is based on consent and you withdraw the consent and no other legal ground for processing exists
- You object to the processing and RepeatCommerce processes the data for direct marketing purposes or the basis for the processing is balancing of interests and RepeatCommerce does not have compelling reasons for the processing which supersedes the data subject’s objection
- The processing is unlawful
- The erasure is statutory
If you would like to exercise the right to be forgotten, please email or write to us at the following address:
Great North Way
York Business Park
How to Contact Us
- By email
- By post:
Great North Way
York Business Park